NOBEL OIL GROUP is and independent oil and gas COMPANY specializing in exploration and production of hydrocarbons in the Timan-Pechora oil and gas basin and rich regions of the western siberia.
Application of innovative technologies in Timan-Pechora
- Company’s team is formed;
- Usinsk deposit development begins:
- Conditions: technically complex deep reservoir of heavy oil – 2,500 cps, 1,500 m, fractured carbonate producing formation;
- Steam stimulation technology is successfully used; this is its first commercial application in the territory of the former USSR;
- The asset is sold to a strategic investor in 1999.
1998 — 2008
From exploration to production
- Two exploration licenses in the Republic of Komi are acquired;
- Osokinskoye and Yuzhno Oshskoye fields were discovered;
- Drilling rigs were put into operation;
- New technologies of well drilling and completion were successfully applied;
- A significant increase in production is observed.
2009 — to date
Laying the foundations for future growth
- Acquisition of 50% of stocks of Nobel Group by China Investment Corporation and Oriental Patron in September 2009;
- Nobel Holdings Investments (NHI) holding was established;
- Accelerated organic growth and increase in the number of acquisitions due to investments of new shareholders;
- Acquisition of licenses in the Western Siberia, including four open fields;
- Acquisition of exploratory Kaminsky facility with promising resources in the Nenets Autonomous District.